If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Stumbled upon Pinterest to figure out how to use up some leftover grapefruits and found an amazing Panna Cotta recipe from http://thekitchenmccabe.com. Adapted the recipe and lessened the sugar to satisfy our lightened sweet tooths ;) A smooth coconut panna cotta underneath a balanced grapefruit gelee. Loved the flavor combinations!! We used the below recipe with a grapefruit mint cold pressed juice from PRESSED JUICERY, and it was DIVINE!! We made these into 6 small glass cups but 4 ramekins would work perfectly, or any glass dessert glass would work as well for a great presentation. Add a dallop of coconut whipped cream and a sprig of mint and it couldn't be any easier for parties :) —Stacy
Makes 4 ramekins
Coconut Panna Cotta
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (raw organic honey, Stevia equivalent, or sugar)
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split (or 1 tsp vanilla essence)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 gelatin pack minus 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon gelatin powder
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (raw organic honey, Stevia equivalent, or sugar)
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- PANNA COTTA: Divide powdered gelatin; 3/4 teaspoon to be used in the grapefruit gelee. Place the rest in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of water and allow to bloom for 5-10 minutes.
- Put coconut milk, sugar, vanilla essence in small saucepan and bring to just a simmer. Remove from the heat and add bloomed gelatin; whisk together until completely dissolved.
- Divide panna cotta mixture into 6 small dishes or 4 ramekins. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until firm and set.
- GRAPEFRUIT GELEE: Place 2 tablespoons of grapefruit juice and 3/4 teaspoon powdered gelatin in a small bowl to bloom for 5-10 minutes.
- Place remaining grapefruit juice and sweetener in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add bloomed gelatin and whisk until completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Place 1-2 segments of grapefruits on top of panna cotta. Evenly distribute grapefruit gelee between each.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until completely set. Serve cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut