Author Notes: I got this recipe from a friend and I don't know where she got it. This is the easiest and best lemon curd ever! —Karen Brooks
Makes: about 1 pint
cup lemon juice (Meyer lemon juice if available)
teaspoons grated lemon zest
In This Recipe
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Beat the eggs with the lemon juice and strain into a glass bowl.
- Add the melted butter, sugar and lemon zest to the bowl.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Beat mixture until smooth.
- Microwave again on high for another 3 to 4 minutes, beating mixture smooth every minute.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set. This will keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge. It also freezes well.