If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Like most North Americans, I love Halloween. The history, the nostalgia and the excitement all jump-start us into Do-It-Yourself action to where we can’t help ourselves but to dress-up and party. It’s a very special annual event and I try to pay my respects by putting effort into costumes, candies and parties.
Makes 40-45 pieces
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup icing or confectioners sugar
- 2 cups nonfat milk powder
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons spiced rum
- pinches sea salt (coarse is preferable)
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa, honey, molasses and vanilla together. Once smooth, add the butter, powdered sugar, salt and rum.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix the milk powder into the mixture. Knead the tootsie mix with your hands, if you prefer. It should form a smooth looking lump when finished.
- Let it rest and further merge into tootsie-ness for 20 minutes.
- Using a knife or pizza-cutter cut the giant tootsie into strips. Then into one inch chunks. The chunks should be malleable and not sticky.
- Cut some wax paper into pieces large enough to wrap your tootsie chunks in. Wrap them.
- Bring them to a party and watch your friends devour them.