If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: the simple version of a traditional Germans from Russia dish also known as Kase Knoephla, cheese buttons. —Prairie Californian
ounces cottage cheese (whole or lowfat)
teaspoon baking powder
quart heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cheese buttons together in a large bowl.
- Place rounded tablespoons full of the cheese button mixture on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- While buttons are cooking, prepare sauteed onions. Place 1-2 tablespoons of butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onions once butter is melted and let saute until caramelized. About 10-15 minutes. Once caramelized, remove from stove and set aside.
- Once cheese buttons are baked, remove from baking sheet and place in a casserole dish.
- Top with cream and sauteed onions. Don't be stingy with the cream. The cheese buttons should be almost covered with cream.
- Place the casserole dish in the 350 degree oven and bake for another 20 minutes.