Author Notes: This is the ultimate PB&J! Grilled peanut butter and jelly with bacon, apple, and pomegrante seeds. —Trish Bozeman
Makes: 2 sandwiches
pieces peppered bacon
tablespoons raspberry jelly
cup pomegranate seeds
tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
small fuji apple, cored and sliced
pieces french bread
tablespoons soft butter
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a cast iron skillet with bacon slices and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through, flipping once. Remove from skillet and let cool on a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, combine jelly and pomegranate seeds.
- When bacon is cooked, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spread butter evenly on one side of each bread slice. On the opposite side of the butter, spread jelly mixture on 2 of the slices, and peanut butter on the other 2.
- Place a layer of apple slices on top of jelly, then bacon, then top with remaining bread, peanut butter side down.
- Place both sandwiches in the heated skillet and cook until bread is browned, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until browned.
- Serve immediately