If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 can diced tomatoes 28 oz or 2 X14,5 oz
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 big potato or 2 small cut into small cubes
- 1 big carrot or 2 small cut into small pieces
- 2 stalks celery cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1-2 clove(s) of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- greek yoghurt
- Peel potato(es) and carrot and cut into very small pieces. Chop onion, mince garlic. Rinse very well celery stalks (with leaves) and cut into small pieces.
- Bring a saucepan over high heat and pour the olive oil. When the olive oil is hot add nutmeg and cumin, stir for abut 20 seconds and add onion, garlic, potatoes, carrot and celery, stir for 1-2’ then add tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar.
- Add 3-4 cups water. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 20’. Add salt and pepper and oregano. Cook for 5’.
- Let the soup cool and puree it (for better result use hand blender). Serve the soup with croutons and a spoonful greek yoghurt per serve.
- To make croutons: cut some bread slices into small cubes. Line a bake sheet with a parchment paper, layer the bread cubes, drizzle on olive oil drops and bake for about 5’-8' to 360º F or 180º C.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes
More Great Recipes: Soups