If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This rich dessert teams coffee with ricotta, a popular flavour combination in Italy. —ambradambra
- 2 chocolate muffins, medium-sized
- 1/2 cup espresso coffee, strong and cold combined with a dash of Tia Maria
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 4 tablespoons additional espresso coffee, strong and cold
- 200 grams ricotta, light
- Bottom layer: Break up muffins and arrange evenly in base of four dessert tumblers, and sprinkle with espresso coffee and liqueur mixture and set aside.
- For the middle/coffee custard layer: Heat milk on low flame until small bubbles form around edge and remove from heat.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolk with sugar and flour until smooth.
- Pour hot milk into egg mixture and transfer to small pan, then stir constantly over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer and cook for an extra minute.
- Remove from heat and add cold espresso coffee.
- Set aside to cool.
- For top/ricotta layer: Combine ricotta and caster sugar until smooth.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shards and chill in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.