If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe combines ingredients that help immediately (like Tabasco and lemon) and ingredients that help boost immunity (like Turmeric, onion and garlic). Soup is light enough to be able to eat when you're not even hungry (like when you have the flu!) And it's soothing and yummy. —Karen
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tabasco
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- Bring chicken broth nearly to a boil and add raw onion and finely chopped celery. Reduce to a simmer for about 12-15 minutes.
- Add in turmeric, garlic, and lemon juice. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add in Tabasco and cooked egg noodles. Simmer just until all is hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes
More Great Recipes: Soups