If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tilapia, to me, is a blank canvas that can take a lot of color (flavor) so I wanted something different. The safety net of leftovers in the fridge gave me confidence to experiment. Try it, let me know if you like it, adjusted it or think I need to be sent back to the scullery. —Fat Tony
- 1/2 cup finely chopped brussels sprouts leaves
- 1 zest from orange
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- Salt / Pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, rinsed
- Canola oil
- In a large flat container with low sides, finely chop the Brussels sprout leaves, mix with orange zest, and AP flour. Add salt and pepper set aside.
- In a separate container beat 3 eggs with the milk and add the fillets.
- Quickly dredge the fillets in the flour mixture, place in hot skillet with thin layer of Canola oil in the bottom. Fry, turning once, until brown and 140 - 150 degrees internal temp.