Author Notes: some good friends of mine in minneapolis became coffee snobs while in grad school and decided to perfect cold press coffee brewing at home. This recipe is my version of their findings. Cold press brewed coffee is absolutely delicious. It requires almost no effort and provides you with easy access to coffee anytime. Serve over ice for a real treat. —abuck
Serves: 1 liter
- Grind fresh coffee beans to fill a container approximately 20% full.
- Fill the remainder of the container with filtered water.
- Put a lid on the container, and shake until the grind and water have mixed
- Place the container on your countertop for 12-24 hours.
- Place a coffee strainer above a second container and strain the coffee mixture in.
- Serve either over ice or mixed with hot water. You can dilute the coffee by mixing it with water to achieve the desired strength.
- Remains fresh for a week if sealed and places in the fridge.