If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A wild food twist on a classic recipe —Frank Giglio
Don't ya just love wild food?
For the Brownies
- 2 cups ground buckwheat
- 1 cup dried acorn
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 cup Rapadura or other unrefined sugar
- 3/4 cup butter - room temperature
- 4 free ranging eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- Mix together the flours, salt, cacao, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Place the softened butter and sugar in a stand up mixer and whip until smooth and creamy.
- Add the in eggs and vanilla. Blend well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Starting with the dry ingredients, alternately add the yogurt and flours until all is incorporated.
- Spread the batter into a parchment lined and greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when pierced into the center of the brownie.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.