Author Notes: Whether it's because you've got the stomach bug or because you just drink too much coffee (like me) this recipe is the perfect cure for the common tummy ache. The ginger in the recipe naturally calms the stomach while the milk battles the acidity. —Anna Hultin
5 inch piece of ginger (peeled and sliced)
- In a small sauce pan, bring water to a boil over high heat
- Add 1/2 TBS of sugar and stir until dissolved in water
- Add sliced ginger to water mixture
- Add the rest of the sugar and turn heat down to medium and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until liquid reduces by over half.
- Pour mixture through strainer into a bowl or cup. Dispose of ginger slices or save to use in another dish.
- Add milk to ginger syrup
- Drink up!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes