If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a modified version of a recipe I found in some holistic detox book by a Dr. Joshi. As awful as that may sound, it's very flavorful and I've been making it for years. It's hearty, yet light and will help you restore your waistline post holidays. —Mike Drake
- 4 cups Chicken or vegatable stock
- 3 cups Beans (three bean mix - kidney, pinto, white)
- 1 Large carrot sliced
- 1 Medium onion diced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Add olive oil to a large stock pot. Sautée onions and carrot over a medium heat, until the onions are translucent and the carrot is soft.
- Add stock and lemon juice then bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Rinse beans.
- Stir in beans and simmer for 10 minutes.