If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I stayed with some friends in upstate new york a while back. We planned a picnic at a local river, this recipe was my contribution. —abuck
- 2 Large farm chickens, 5-6 lbs each. Brined overnight and cut up into serving pieces
- Olive oil
- hot paprika
- smoked paprika
- cayenne pepper
- Remove chicken from brining solution, dry with paper towels
- Prepare a hot oven, and a hot cast iron frying pan with olive oil in it
- Season both sides of the chicken with a little salt (you’ve already brined it, it doesn’t need much), pepper, paprika(s), and cayenne
- Saute chicken at high heat in the frying pan. Do this in batches as not to cool the pan down too much.
- When each piece is well seared on each side add to a large roasting pan
- When all pieces are sauteed and added to the roasting pan, place the pan into the oven and roast until done.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika