6 to 7
ounces guanciale or smoked pancetta, roughly chopped
Freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
Salt & pepper
In This Recipe
- Heat a large quantity of water in a large pan, covered
- In the meantime, separate the eggs. Season to taste and add about 1 tbsp cheese. Beat until creamy.
- In a frying pan, sauté the pancetta. Some advise to sauté the pancetta in olive oil, so do according to your taste.
- Once the water boils, add a handful of coarse sea salt, then the pasta.
- Cook about 6 minutes. The pasta has to be al dente.
- About 2 minutes before the pasta is done, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the cooking water to the eggs and mix well.
- Drain the pasta and add them immediately to the bowl with the eggs and pancetta and mix gently.
- Serve and devour immediately (with extra Pecorino and Parmesan if you wish).
- Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com