If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 6 to 7 ounces spaghetti
- 3 egg yolks
- 1.7 ounces guanciale or smoked pancetta, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a large quantity of water in a large pan, covered
- In the meantime, separate the eggs. Season to taste and add about 1 tbsp cheese. Beat until creamy.
- In a frying pan, sauté the pancetta. Some advise to sauté the pancetta in olive oil, so do according to your taste.
- Once the water boils, add a handful of coarse sea salt, then the pasta.
- Cook about 6 minutes. The pasta has to be al dente.
- About 2 minutes before the pasta is done, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the cooking water to the eggs and mix well.
- Drain the pasta and add them immediately to the bowl with the eggs and pancetta and mix gently.
- Serve and devour immediately (with extra Pecorino and Parmesan if you wish).
- Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com