If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a nifty winter salad packed with hearty ingredients that are healthy too. Baked sweet potatoes add warmth. —Kingfishercooks
Serves 2 hungry people
- 1 Rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups Water
- 1 1/4 cups Wheat berries
- 1 Shallo chopped finely
- 1 Small garlic clove finely minced
- 4 tablespoons Pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 Bunch parsley roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Sliced raw almonds
- 1 Small sweet potato
- 1 Sprig fresh rosemary finely chopped
- Salt and pepper generous
- Basic vinegarette
- Remove all the chicken from the carcass and shred in large chunks into bowl. Meanwhile, bake the sweet potato about an hour at 400 until firm but starting to soften. You want to be able to cube it for the salad.
- When the sweet potato is done, let it cool and then cut into 1/4 in squares.Cook the wheat berries per directions. With my measurements, it takes about an hour covered. They should have a slight crunch and no liquid remaining. Can drain if needed.
- Toss together the chicken with the wheat berries when they have cooled and salt and pepper to taste-- be generous! Add rest of ingredients and then spoon on a good Dijon vinegarette, toss and serve.