If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yukon Gold potatoes are known for their creamy, buttery taste and texture. They're great roasted, pan-fried, and especially simmered, like in this great-tasting soup. This recipe was written by The Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/yukon-gold-potato-rosemary-soup —Healthline
- 4 pieces turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups hot 1% milk, as needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Vegetable cooking spray
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot sprayed with cooking spray, cook chopped bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and set on paper towel. Add onion to pan and cook 3 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Place potatoes and chopped onion in a deep stock pan and add water, just to cover them. Bring to a boil and cook until tender.
- Drain potatoes, reserving 2 cups cooking liquid. Add liquid to blender and add 2 cups of potatoes and puree until smooth. Add puree to potatoes and stir to combine.
- Slowly add hot milk a cup at a time until desired consistency is achieved. Return pan to medium heat, stir in rosemary, and bring mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly. Serve immediately and garnish with reserved bacon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0