Author Notes: A delicious twist on a classic. Perfect game day food! —Jackie Bruchez-theseasidebaker
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons melted butter
cup warm milk
teaspoons buffalo sauce
pound cooked and crumbled bacon
cup thinly sliced green onions
blue cheese or ranch dressing for serving
- To start, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes and pierce several times with a fork or sharp knife.
- Rub potatoes with olive oil. Bake on a foil lined cookie sheet for about 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool enough to touch
- Once cool, slice each potato in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch intact.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat the potato flesh with melted butter on low.
- With the mixer or beater running, slowly mix in the warm milk.
- Once potatoes are smooth, stir in 2 tbsp buffalo sauce, bacon and chives.
- Scoop about ¼ of a cup of mashed potatoes into each potato skin.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Broil on high for 4-5 minutes. But keep an eye on them, as all ovens are different.
- Top with more bacon crumbles and green onions and serve hot with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0