Author Notes: A delicious twist on a classic. Perfect game day food! —Jackie Bruchez-theseasidebaker
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons melted butter
cup warm milk
teaspoons buffalo sauce
pound cooked and crumbled bacon
cup thinly sliced green onions
blue cheese or ranch dressing for serving
In This Recipe
- To start, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes and pierce several times with a fork or sharp knife.
- Rub potatoes with olive oil. Bake on a foil lined cookie sheet for about 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool enough to touch
- Once cool, slice each potato in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch intact.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat the potato flesh with melted butter on low.
- With the mixer or beater running, slowly mix in the warm milk.
- Once potatoes are smooth, stir in 2 tbsp buffalo sauce, bacon and chives.
- Scoop about ¼ of a cup of mashed potatoes into each potato skin.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Broil on high for 4-5 minutes. But keep an eye on them, as all ovens are different.
- Top with more bacon crumbles and green onions and serve hot with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0