If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Potassium is a key nutrient that is involved in nearly all of our major bodily processes. To stay healthy and keep your body in top condition, make it a priority to eat high-potassium foods, like sweet potatoes. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/orange-ginger-sweet-potato-soup —Healthline
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 lb)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground all-spice
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, celery, and carrot. Cook over medium heat 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in ginger and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until potato is tender; let cool slightly.
- Puree in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir together sour cream and orange zest. Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. orange sour cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0