If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My daughter and I created this recipe, combining leftover crab meat and mashed potatoes. The combination of flavors taste divine. —Constance Rauser Sheckler
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, chilled
- 8 ounces crab meat, backfin OR canned
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Old Bay OR other seafood seasoning
- 1 cucumber, peeled, de-seeded, diced
- 1 cup lemon-flavored yogurt OR plain yogurt flavored with 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- Combine potatoes and crab. Divide into 8 equal portions, forming into 1/2" thick cakes.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet over medium-high. Mix flour and seasoning on a plate. Coat cakes completely in flour mixture.
- Reduce heat to low-medium. Place cakes in pan; cook until golden, 15-20 minutes. Flip; cook until golden, about 15 minutes. Serve with dressing
- To make dressing: In food processor or blender, pulse cucumbers until it begins to look smooth.
- Add yogurt and wasabi; pulse again until smooth.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0