If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: gluten + dairy free | these biscuits, are like what would happen if a jam and coconut slice had a love affair with a coconut macaroon and gave birth to a jam drop. but in totally delectable, into-tea-dunkable biscuit form | first published on my blog alittlealice.com —jess | alittlealice.com
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 1/2 cups gf flour (your preferred blend/type, I used a plain gf flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 200g grams vegan butter (i used nuttelex, normal unsalted butter is fine also)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup jam of choice
- preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- combine sugar, coconut, plain flour, baking powder, vanilla, butter and egg in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer.
- on two lined baking trays, roll dough into small balls. using the back of a teaspoon, make an indent in the centre of the cookies. fill with about 1/4 teaspoon on jam.
- bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- cool completely (hot jam burns!!) and serve. will keep in an airtight jar in the pantry for about 5 days.