If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I could write a book on the different cutlets, sticks, & patties I've made for my son's school lunches. The reward is in seeing his face glow with happiness as he describes these in terms of the 'cool' stuff they have at their cafeteria, Adding the flaxmeal gives the nuggets a serving of healthy protein as well as helps in binding them well, so that they do not disintegrate during the process of frying.
- 2 Medium-large Idaho/baking potatoes, boiled and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs plus 1 extra cup for coating
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried mango powder OR juice of 1/2 a lime
- pinch of cayenne pepper powder or paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Oil for frying
- Combine all the ingredients (except the oil of course, and the cup of panko) in a mixing bowl and knead lightly into a loose ball. Divide into 16 portions and flatten each sphere lightly (you cna shape it into ovel nuggets if desired). Coat the pieces in the panko bread crumbs, lightly pressing the coating to stick to the surface
- Heat the oil in a skillet and fry each of the pieces 2 at a time until they turn golden brown. Drain onto paper towels to absorb any extra oil. Alternatively, pan fry the pieces in a non stick pan, drizzling oil as per your level of preference> Serve with a generous portion of tomato ketchup
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0