Serves: 36-42 cookies
teaspoon cream of tartar
teaspoon teaspoon of rose extract
teaspoon vanilla extract
In This Recipe
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar with the whipping attachment on medium-high.
- Once the egg whites are stiff (about 10 minutes) quickly pour in the sugar and both extracts. Continue to beat for one minute.
- Pipe or spoon the mixture into 1 ½ inch dollops onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Next, using a sieve, sprinkle the top of the the cookies with powder sugar.
- Place the baking sheets in the top and bottom thirds of the oven. Cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes rotate the baking sheets and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- After a total of one hour, turn the heat off and leave the cookies in the oven for at least 2 hours or until the oven is cooled.
- Remove from the oven and serve by themselves or with vanilla bean whipped cream.