If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 36-42 cookies
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon of rose extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powder sugar
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar with the whipping attachment on medium-high.
- Once the egg whites are stiff (about 10 minutes) quickly pour in the sugar and both extracts. Continue to beat for one minute.
- Pipe or spoon the mixture into 1 ½ inch dollops onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Next, using a sieve, sprinkle the top of the the cookies with powder sugar.
- Place the baking sheets in the top and bottom thirds of the oven. Cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes rotate the baking sheets and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- After a total of one hour, turn the heat off and leave the cookies in the oven for at least 2 hours or until the oven is cooled.
- Remove from the oven and serve by themselves or with vanilla bean whipped cream.