If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Classic Haselback potatoes can't be beat - except if you make them with sweet potatoes with cinnamon and almonds! —Donna Kelly
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 ounces sliced almonds
- Peel sweet potatoes and place on a flat surface. Set a wooden spoon or a chop stick next to each side of the potato. This will keep your knife from cutting all the way through the potato, so that the bottom of the potato stays intact. Cut in 1/4 inch thick slices - almost to the bottom of sweet potato, leaving the bottom of the sweet potato intact, and fanning out on top. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Mix the coconut oil with the salt, almond extract and cinnamon. Brush coconut oil mixture generously over tops of sweet potatoes, making sure oil seeps down into the slices.
- Place a few almond slices between every slice of the sweet potatoes, ensuring that the slices will stay open during baking. Bake sweet potatoes for 40 to 50 minutes, until softened to your liking and browned on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0