If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We had too many nights with red sauce this week and even though it was chilly for Florida where I live, the sun was shining so I thought "lemons". I had some spicy chicken sausage in the fridge and this recipe was born! —Kingfishercooks
- 1 pound Spicy chicken sausage, removed from casings
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- Zest of one large lemon
- 3 sprigs Fresh thyme
- 1 cup Grated parmasean cheese
- 2 tablespoons Fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- 1/4 Lemon for deglazing pan
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound Penne rigatoni small
- Slice the sausages down their sides and remove and toss casings. Brown the sausage over medium heat until cooked through.
- While the sausage cooks, put the cream, the sprigs of thyme and the lemon zest in a saucepan with a pinch of salt on medium high gas. As soon as it comes to a boil around the edges, turn it off and let it steep.
- When the chicken Is broken into small pieces and cooked through, squeeze an end from the lemon you used for zest into the pan to deglaze.
- Boil the water and cook the pasta per directions in salted water. When close to firm, turn the cream on to low and the sausage onto med low to reheat.
- When the pasta is done al denze, turn off all heat fro. Chicken and cream. Drain the pasta and throw it in the pan with the chicken. Add the cream after picking out the thyme sprigs. Toss in 3/4 cup of the cheese and toss. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and serve.