If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like color, natural color in sauces. So I was thinking of another sauce to go with my chicken croquettes I thought purple potatoes. I had a great potato sauce at Cava on the Bowery and did my best to imitate it —Judy at My Well Seasoned Life
Makes about a cup
- 6 purple Peruvian potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/4 - 1/2 cups milk
- Add potatoes to pot, cover with water and boil with skins on until tender. When done drain and cool.
- While potatoes cool, place butter in small sauté pan, heat on low heat. Add shallots and butter. Cook until soft 5 minutes. It’s very important that the garlic and shallots don’t brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0