If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: hankering for tea? enjoy spices? wanna get creative for your cuppa? this is for you! first published on my blog alittlealice.com —jess | alittlealice.com
- 1 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cardamon pods, cracked
- 4 black teabags (or 1/3 cup loose leaf black tea)
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 2 cups milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- brown sugar, to taste
- Add all the spices and the water to a medium sized sauce pan.
- Boil for 3-5 minutes or until the tea is as strong as you'd like
- Strain the spices from the liquid and add brown sugar to taste ( this step is optional, I prefer mine without sugar, but some prefer the added sweetness)
- Add the milk and pour the liquid into a jug. Spread among 6 cups to serve.
- (optional) on warmer days, iced chai is really refreshing. simply add ice cubes to the cups or refrigerate for about 30-60 minutes.