If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy, one pot chicken dish stewed with seasonal vegetables such as carrot and radish to make a warm, comforting meal. —Richa Gupta
- 6-8 pieces Bone-In Chicken
- 2 teaspoons Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 piece Bayleaf
- 1 inch pieces Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, julienned
- 2/3 cup Onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Carrot, sliced
- 1 cup White Radish, sliced
- 2 Potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon Freshly ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- Rub ginger garlic paste and lemon juice over chicken and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a non stick pot and add the chicken pieces. Brown them on high flame for 2-3 minutes on either side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon oil to the same pan. Add the bayleaf, cinnamon, ginger, garlic and sliced onions. Its important to use the same pan because the browned bits of chicken stuck to the pan help make the wonderful sauce. Saute the onions for 10-15 minutes till golden brown.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the carrots, radish, potatoes and the chicken. Stir for a few minutes. Add the chicken stock, black pepper and salt. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Taste to check for seasoning. Add the flour to water and mix till there are no lumps to make a slurry. Add the slurry to the pot and bring to a boil while stirring continuously. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Let the stew sit for a few minutes before serving. It tastes even better if its been sitting for a few hours or overnight. Serve warm with bread or rice.