If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy and utterly delicious, this week night meal is sure to please.
DRY SPICE RUB
- 2 lamb rumps
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground fenugreek
- 2 teaspoons tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
LENTILS AND MINTED YOGHURT
- 90 grams French green lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 grams coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tablespoons snow pea shoots
- 1/4 cup natural organic yoghurt
- 6 mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the spice rub and coat the lamb rumps. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours (minimum). Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Add the lentils and water to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until tender. To cook the lamb, heat a little oil in a hot frypan and brown on all sides. Place in the oven and cook for a further 14 minutes. Remove from oven, cover with tinfoil and a tea towel and rest for 5 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients to lentils and toss together. Lightly season. Combine the minted yoghurt ingredients. Season. Thinly slice the lamb rump, toss through the lentils. Combine all components together. Drizzle over a little extra virgin olive oil. Serve. Enjoy!