If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pasilla chiles with the addition of cream cheese gives this turkey soup a unique twist! —Natalie
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Diced Onion
- 1 cup Diced Celery
- 1 Pasilla chile, diced
- 1/2 pound Lean Ground Turkey
- 4 Garlic Cloves, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 bunch Fresh Spinach, washed, de-stemmed, and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Small Cauliflower Florets
- 2 cups Russet Potato, 1/4 inch dice
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese
- 3 Green Onions, sliced for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, onions, celery and pasilla pepper, sautéing until the onions are translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the turkey, garlic, salt and pepper, breaking up the turkey as it browns, until the turkey is fully cooked, about 7 minutes. Add the spinach, and stir until wilted.
- Pour in the chicken stock, cauliflower, and potato, and bring the mixture up to a boil.
- Once boiling , add the cream cheese and stir until it is melted into the soup. I used a whisk to help the process. Reduce heat to a simmer, and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Divide among four bowls, and top with sliced green onions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0