If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Warning. These are ridiculously good and they will not last long. Which isn’t all that surprising seeing they feature two crowd favourites – chicken and haloumi. Which, when combined with zucchini, fresh herbs and a little lemon, really do zing. —Pepper Passport
- 500 grams chicken mince
- 5 zucchini, grated & water removed
- 1 brown onion, peeled & diced
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 rind of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius and line a large baking tray.
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients thoroughly and season well with pepper.
- Place a non stick fry pan over medium heat and add enough cooking oil to finely coat the bottom.
- Generously place heaped tablespoons of the mixture in the oil. Repeat 4 – 5 more times. Cook each fritter until golden (about 1 minute) and then carefully turn. Once both sides are seared transfer fritters to the baking tray. Repeat until all mixture has been used.
- Transfer baking tray to the over and cook for between 10 & 15 minutes. The cooking time depends on the size of your fritters. Check they’re cooked by pressing down with your finger – they should be firm, and offer little resistance in the middle.
- Season finished fritters with sea salt and serve with a garlic yoghurt sauce.