Author Notes: A throwback to the Swingin' Sixties, this is a recipe my mother served when she had swells coming to dinner —JanaVee
large russet potatoes
cups heavy cream
teaspoon kosher sea salt, or to taste
white pepper, to taste
In This Recipe
- Boil the potatoes in water to cover. Drain.
- Let them cool enough to handle, then remove skins and grate into a buttered baking dish using the large holes of a box grater.
- Season with salt and pepper, then pour the cream over the potatoes.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes at 325. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0