If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 3 - 4 inches cassia bark
- 10 - 15 whole green cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon whole black pepper
- 5 - 6 long, mild kashmiri chiles
- 20 - 30 small curry leaves, picked
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- Toast the first seven spices, one at a time, in a hot, heavy pan until fragrant. This can take anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute. Remove to a bowl and let cool completely.
- To toast curry leaves, place in the same hot pan. Shake the pan, to crisp up and toast the leaves, about 1 minute. When they are fragrant, brown around the edges and crumbly, remove them from the pan, and cool.
- Place the toasted spices, curry leaves and ground turmeric in a spice grinder or powerful blender and grind to a fine powder, sieving if necessary.
- Store in an airtight tin, in a cool place away from light.