If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the perfect brunch recipe to satisfy both sweet and savory cravings! —Megan Finney
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes (diced)
- 1 pound sliced brussel sprouts
- 4 slices uncured bacon
- 1 handful dried cranberries
- 1 half sweet onion (diced)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- Slice bacon into 1 inch pieces and cook until crisp in frying pan. Once they are cooked to desired crispness, remove from pan but keep the oil.
- Add diced onion and garlic. Lightly salt and cook until onion goes clear.
- Add diced sweet potatoes to the pan and let cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sliced brussel sprouts and cook another 15 minutes. Only stir every five minutes to allow a nice crust to form on potatoes.
- Throw a handful of dried cranberries and the cooked bacon back into the pan about five minutes left to go.
- This hash can be finished nicely with a sunny side up egg or a nice piece of crusty bread for a hearty meal. It can also be a wonderful vegetarian option by replacing the bacon with a tablespoon of coconut oil!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0