If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthier baked version of traditional nachos, using sweet potatoes. As great for an appetizer as for a casserole-style dinner. —Colleen Delawder
large sweet onion, finely diced
tablespoon salted butter
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
large sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
ounces can of black beans, rinsed and drained
teaspoons taco seasoning, divided
boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
cup freshly shredded white cheddar
sour cream, avocado, and olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sauté the diced onion in the butter and olive oil for 5 minutes, over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the onion, sweet potatoes, black beans, and 2 teaspoons of the taco seasoning.
- Dump the mixture into a large glass baking dish, cover tightly with foil, and bake for 50 minutes.
- Combine the remaining 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning with the chicken, and evenly distribute it over the potato and bean mixture.
- Recover the baking dish, and then bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the dish from the oven, top with the parsley and cheese, and then recover for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. There is no need to place the dish back in the oven, the steam and heat from the potatoes will melt the cheese.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado, and olives if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0