If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Less cakey than traditional brownies, these little chocolate bombs are so dense and rich, you won’t mind cutting them into 2-inch squares. For the true chocolate lover. These quickly become a signature party favorite. —Alter Eco
Makes 16 squares
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 bars Alter Eco Velvet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Alter Eco Golden Brown, Unrefined Mascobado Ground Cane Sugar, or other sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter an 8×8″ baking dish liberally. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined and set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a medium sized nonmetal mixing bowl in the microwave or stainless steel mixing bowl over boiling water (creating a double-boiler). Do not let mixture overheat. Remove the chocolate from the microwave or stove and let cool slightly. Mix in the sugar, eggs, and then vanilla and stir until well combined. Stir in walnuts. Finally, fold in the flour mixture gently until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until outside edge develops a crust but center is not completely firm. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with a few crumbs of chocolate. Carefully cut into 1½–2 inch squares, remove from pan. Serve at room temperature.