If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 4 pounds pork loin, bone-in
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons seasoning mix
- 2 medium onions cut in 8
- 20 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pat pork dry, rub salt and seasoning all over roast.
- Put onion, garlic and thyme in roasting pan.
- Place the roast bone ends down in the roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered in 400°F preheated, oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes pour water, about one inch deep, for me was 2 cups.
- Cover with a foil.
- Back in the oven for 1 hour 350F.
- Check for water after one hour.
- Beck in the oven for another hour.
- After one hour, uncover and roast for another 30 minutes.
- Take out and cover again.
- Put juice from roasting pan with onion and garlic in a blender, discard thyme sprigs, it will be your gravy.
- You will have 2-3 cups of gravy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Show-Stopping Holiday Main