Spice oil rubbed charcoal grilled Pomfret (Pampano) in bird's eye and habanero chili peppers soy dip.
Spice oil rubbed charcoal grilled Pomfret (Pampano) in bird's eye and habanero chili peppers soy dip.—ingredientspecialist
piece medium size Pampano, fully cleaned, internals removed, 2 slits on each side.
packet “Sinigang Mix” ( Knorr or Maggi tamarind flavored soup mix powder).
milliliters olive oil
pieces crushed-minced garlic cloves
piece minced onion
pieces tiny tomatoes fully washed to serve as sides.
milliliters soy sauce (for dip)
pieces "labuyo" (bird's eye chilies) sliced thinly (for dip)
pieces Habanero Chili Pepper sliced thinly (for dip)
OPTIONAL calamansi or lemon juice (for dip)
In This Recipe
- Fully scatter, by hand, Sinigang Mix unto all sides, slits, inner head and body of Pampano. Make sure all parts are covered for full flavor penetration. Set aside.
- Crank up charcoal the way you fire them up. AVOID UTILIZING gasoline or kerosene as fumes contaminate flavor and aroma of grilled items.
- While awaiting fiery red coals, heat olive oil in pan. Add garlic and onion. Fry to dark brown state.
- Using this oil, brush unto all parts of fish and to the wire rack you will use to grill it. (This system will DEBUNK and PROVE WRONG the Filipino myth that all fish to be grilled MUST have scales intact-to prevent sticking to the grill rack).
- Grill your innovated Pampano to desired doneness which normally will just take 3-5 minutes per side… brushing extra oil once in a while…and WITNESS how easy it is to turn (SCALED) fish without sticking to grill medium.