If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An amended lift from Sarma Melngailis' delicious Key Lime Shake in Living Raw Food, I've greened it up with fresh spinach, amped up the nutrient content with protein powder, and lightened the sugar content with almond milk instead of apple juice. The addition of protein powder creates a filling and smooth texture. The result is a refreshing and, I think, equally yummy, healthy shake! —ACK Kitchen
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1 Avocado, pitted, flesh scooped out.
- 1 Frozen banana
- 1 Large handful fresh spinach
- 1 Optional- Scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Tera's Whey).
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- Stevia to taste
- Ice cubes
- In a high speed blender, combine the chia seeds and almond milk and allow to soak. As the seeds sit, add the lime juice, avocado, banana, spinach, vanilla extract, protein powder, (if using) to the blender. Add stevia to taste. Add a small handful of ice and purée in the blender until smooth but still thick.