If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not quite your average taquito, and not quite a breakfast taco. This is an easy, spicy way to use up your eggs. —Jonathon Hill
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Mango, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch Green onions, bias sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon Oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked paprika or chipotle powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 7.5 ounces Kidney beans, cooked, drained
- 10 Flour fajita tortillas
- 1 bunch Fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese blend
- 1-2 Hass avacado, thinly sliced
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, and saute garlic and onions until the garlic begins to brown.
- While the garlic and onions cook, beat the eggs, and mix in all the spices. Blend thoroughly. Pour the eggs into the skillet with the garlic and onions and stir constantly in a quick circular motion with a wooden spoon.
- When the eggs have lost most of their moisture, add the mango, kidney beans, and tomatoes. Continue to cook and stir occasionally for several more minutes until the mixture has the desired level of moisture.
- Transfer the mixture into a serving dish and toss with 1/2 of the fresh cilantro. Serve the remaining cilantro and cheese on the side.
- To serve, layer fresh cilantro, egg mixture, cheese, and sliced avacado onto a fajita tortilla.