If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Brudet is a simple Croatian fish stew, very popular in Dalmatia as well as in other regions. —anka
- 2 pounds mixed fish and seafood ( White firm fish, baby scallops, clams, shrimps, mussels , calamari )
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can ( 28 ounce) dice tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley , more to sprinkle on the end
- black pepper
- sea salt
- pinches saffron threads (15-20 treads)
- Clean and wash the fish and seafood. white fish should be cut into one inch peaces
- Heat olive oil , add garlic, basil, parsley and saffron. Cook fore 30 second, ( saffron is not traditional )
- When you can smell garlic, add wino and let cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add diced tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Let cook for 10 min
- (At this point, you can stop if you are making for later or next day.)
- In boiling tomato stew add fish and shrimps first, cover .
- Let cook 3-4 min,do not stir just shake the pot.
- Add calamari, baby scallops, clams and mussels ( I had clams and mussels precooked, or you will start Brudet with clams first ), cover
- Let cook everything for next 2-3 minutes from time when start boiling again.
- Take from stove and sprinkle wit parsley.
- Traditionally is serve with polenta or nice rustic bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pan Dinner