If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The real one – no Bechamel, no cheese, no none sense! —Kenza Saadi
- 3 pounds potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 0.3 liters milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- butter (a few pieces)
- salt, pepper and nutmeg - to taste
- Wash and peel, and wash again the potatoes then slice them in thin slices. (Wash them before and not after otherwise they turn black and loose the starch necessary for a good Dauphinois)
- In a pan heat up the milk, the crushed garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg (optional) and bring to a boil. Put in the potatoes and let them cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the potatoes in a buttered dish (without the milk), cover with the heavy cream and place a few pieces of butter on top.
- Cook uncovered in a medium heat oven (180 ºC.) for 50 minutes to one hour.