If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Little bit different Seafood stew.
I was lackey to get some Yellow Datterini tomatoes. —anka
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) whole Yellow Datterini tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup water or dry white wine
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 1 pinch saffron threads ( 15-20 threads )
- sea salt and white pepper
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Cook garlic until you can smell 15-20 seconds .
- Stir in red-pepper flakes.
- Add Yellow Datterini tomatoes and their juice, saffron, water, and clam juice; bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Broth can be made ahead and refrigerated.
- Bring to a simmer before adding seafood.
- 1/2 pound 1/2 pound firm, skinless white fish fillets ( haddock, halibut, cod or sea bass )cut into inch and half-size pieces
- 12 pieces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 20 pieces clams cooked
- 20 pieces mussels cooked
- 6 ounces squid rings
- 6 ounces baby scallops
- 2 coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring the broth to a simmer before adding seafood.
- Add fish and shrimp to pot. Simmer, covered, until shrimp are pink, 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add squid ring, baby scallops , clams and mussels, bring to boil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Stir in parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore