If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious vegan chili made with lots of spice and piled high with your favorite toppings. —Madeline
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion-diced
- 4 cloves garlic-minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 16 oz. can organic black beans
- 1 16 oz. can organic kidney beans
- 1 1 16 oz. can organic white northern beans
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot. When hot, add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and a few large pinches of salt and pepper. Sauté until fragrant and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add canned crushed tomatoes. Fill the can half way with water, and add the water to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Add the beans and heat until hot, another 20 minutes.
- Garnish with Diced red onion, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and even unsweetened vegan yogurt! It makes a great sour cream:)