Author Notes: I love Hashbrowns . I would like to have them for breakfast more often but I am usually too hungry or undercaffeinated to put the energy into making them well. I like them to be really crunchy and brown. I am not a fan of frozen since they never taste fresh to me. So voila! , I give you jiffy browns; potatoey, crispy, oniony and best of all almost instant gratification! —Annie stader
Serves: two or one famished person.
Large well scrubbed and dried potato( I used Russet)
cup Grated onion
Salt and pepper to taste
tablespoon Olive oil
- 1) Shred potato with swivel peeler on to parchment lined baking sheet.
- 2)Add grated onion to potato.
- 3) Toss and spread out and flatten.
- 4)Dry with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- 5) Lightly brush with the olive oil.
- 6) Sprinkle with salt and pepper according to your preference.
- 7) Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. It depends on how brown you like them.