If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 piece egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup freshly brewed hot espresso
- 2 packets 8-ounce cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, mix oil, sugar and egg until well combined.
- Mix in buttermilk, vanilla extract and food coloring paste, followed by vinegar and espresso.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture and mix until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer muffin tin to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely.
- To prepare cream cheese frosting, place cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes with the cream cheese frosting. Garnish with cake crumbs.
More Great Recipes: