If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have friends from India and Sri Lanka and love there food
This is my version of Dal Pakoras
Can be serve like appetizers , or I serve them with lentil soup.
Makes 16-20 fritters
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 jalapeno , roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion sliced, browned and frayed
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon Indian black salt ( Kala namak )
- black pepper
- oil for frying
- Rinse red lentils in the strainer under running water.
- Soak the lentils in enough water for 2-3 hours or overnight
- Drain the soaked lentils and add 2/3 of them to the food processor.You will need 2-3 tbs water.
- In bigger bowl mix , whole soaked lentils and pureed one .
- Add cumin, coriander, cilantro leaves , salt and pepper .
- Mix the batter.
- Heat oil.
- Spoon batter in medium hot oil.
- Fry till crisp and golden 3-4 min.
- Remove finished fritter from oil and place on a paper towel.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans