If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Great for those of you who are dairy intolerant and don't want to eat refined sugar —rachel
Serves 8 served in spice jars
Any berries of your choice, apples and pears
- 2 pears
- 1 apple
- 200 grams of berries - blackberries, raspberries are best. However you can use which ever fruits in season. Rhubarb with apples for example. To be honest you can mix which ever fruits you like.
- 2 fruit tea bags (again berry fruits)
- dash maple syrup
- 250 grams CoYo coconut dairy free natural yoghurt
- 1 Zest of a large orange
- 150 grams pistachios (almonds or pecans would be great too)
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- Put your fruits into a pot with a lid, add the teabags and allow the fruits to cook in their own juices until a pulp. If needs be a dash or more of maple syrup may be needed if you don't like your fruit too tart. Put the nuts on a baking tray and into a moderate oven for 10/15 mins just to toast gently.
- Allow the fruit to cool. Whiz the nuts into a processor to grind - not too finely like a powder, still with a little texture.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. Simply mix together the yoghurt, orange zest and vanilla essence together and spoon into a piping bag. You could add cinnamon to the yogurt if using winter fruits or fresh mint if using summer berries.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into the serving dish or dishes of your choice. I serve mine in spice jars (makes about 6-8) which is why I like to pipe the yoghurt on top - it's an easy and neat method. Then scatter the nuts on top. Screw the lids on top if using the jars or just cover with clingfilm and put in the fridge to chill for an hour or so before serving. Great as a dessert and super for breakfast. Just reach into the fridge each morning for jar. I know the image I have included doesn't show the nuts as these were made for friends with nut allergies but they still look just as pretty.