If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Welcome guests inside with this sophisticated recipe for sweet potato and bok choi patties with grilled bacon and poached duck eggs.
A dish that looks as good as it tastes, with a rich duck egg that sits elegantly atop a crunchy patty and crispy bacon, it’s sure to become the star of the party. Dust with paprika for guests who crave a touch of spice or omit the bacon for a delightful vegetarian dish.
grams Sweet potato, mashed
Crushed black pepper, to taste
Small Bok Choi
teaspoon Smoked Paprika
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon Garlic Clove
tablespoons Polenta Flour, plus extra for coating
Oil for frying
Rashers of dry cured bacon
tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl combine the sweet potatoes, pepper, bok choi, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic and honey together with a little polenta flour.
- Adjust the seasoning, split into 4 equal balls, squash them down and coat with some polenta – this will help to make them nice and crisp when cooking.
- Place a large pan of water on the heat and bring to a gentle boil. Add the vinegar to it. Crack the eggs into 4 individual dishes, ready to be poached.
- Shallow fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on one side. When they are ready to be turned, stir the pan of water and gently pour the eggs into it, one at the time (the water should be simmering and not boiling).
- Gently remove the eggs from the water and drain on some kitchen paper.
- When you are almost ready to serve, place the bacon on a rack under the grill and cook until crispy. When cooked, remove and keep warm.
- Place the patties onto four serving plates. Cut the bacon rashers in half and arrange four halves over each sweet potato patty. Top each with the poached eggs, drizzle with a little oil and serve.