If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my husbands favourite soup, so much so that we served it at our wedding last year. It's a pantry staple which is easy to whip up at a moments notice; and always impresses guests. —senorahughes
For the soup
- 1/2 piece onion- chopped
- 800 grams (2 cans) of black beans with their liquid
- 2-3 pieces canned chipotle peppers in adobo- chopped
- 1 big splashes heavy cream
For the garnish
- 4 pieces corn tortillas
- 1 piece large tomato
- 1/4 piece onion
- 1 piece jalapeno
- 3 sprigs cilantro
- 1 dash fresh lime juice
- For the soup 1. Sautee the chopped onions in a dutch oven with canola oil until soft and translucent. 2. Add the chipotles and cook for 30 seconds longer 3. Add the beans, mix well and let simmer for a few minutes. 4. Puree until smooth with chicken stock and cream. 5. Season to taste
- For the Garnish 1. julienne the tortillas, and fry in canola oil until crispy. Drain 2. Finely chop the onion, tomato, devained jalapeno and cilantro. Mix together, and add a squeeze of lime; to form a pico de gallo.
- For serving 1. place a large spoonful of salsa at the bottom of each bowl 2. keep soup warm in a jug; and pour into each bowl in front of guest. 3. Add tortilla strips to your liking. 4. Buen provecho!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans