For the soup
1. Sautee the chopped onions in a dutch oven with canola oil until soft and translucent.
2. Add the chipotles and cook for 30 seconds longer
3. Add the beans, mix well and let simmer for a few minutes.
4. Puree until smooth with chicken stock and cream.
5. Season to taste
For the Garnish
1. julienne the tortillas, and fry in canola oil until crispy. Drain
2. Finely chop the onion, tomato, devained jalapeno and cilantro. Mix together, and add a squeeze of lime; to form a pico de gallo.
1. place a large spoonful of salsa at the bottom of each bowl
2. keep soup warm in a jug; and pour into each bowl in front of guest.
3. Add tortilla strips to your liking.
4. Buen provecho!